USHBC will exhibit at the Mexico Food Tech Summit and Expo held in Mexico City September 26-27. Prior to the show — Meetings have been scheduled with some of the leading food processing companies in Mexico. Viva Mexico!
The Mexico food industry is on the move.
Grupo Bimbo is the largest bakery in the world and also the largest bakery in the USA and Canada as well as Central and South America. They just opened operations in China!
Rich’s Products distributes bakery ingredients all over the nation of 130 million.
Kellogg’s and Quaker operate thriving businesses in cereals and snack bars.
This is not to mention all of the important regional and national food processing companies!
USHBC has been working in the Mexican food industry for the past 15 years and we have seen a lot of changes — for the good.
- Companies are calling blueberries — blueberries!
- Some still call “mora Azul,” but few “arándano” which means cranberry!
- Some of the most innovative products in North America are coming from Mexico. Mexico is home to ancient grains and we are seeing more and more blueberry combinations.
- The health snack sector loves blueberries. Bars contain dried blueberries.
- Dairy manufacturers are flavoring with blueberry.
Big week ahead! Go Blueberries!